a feeling I clutch onto ever so tightly,
April 21, 2018Bismillah.
life goes on, whether we want it or not.
time moves fast, not waiting for us for even a second.
although life seems so monochrome these days, there's always this feeling that I try to hold onto so so tightly, and that is...
love & passion 🔮🌷🌙 (emoji ni perlu ok)
but today we're only gonna talk about passion ok, love? lmfaooooo
if you look up what passion means, most of them are about romance or love for someone but for me, passion is more than that. personally, I think passion is the feeling of enthusiasm towards something whether it is your hobby, your job and most importantly your dreams.
most people would think "yeah, whatever. passion. lol so what?" but it actually plays a m a s s i v e role in our lives in everything and anything we do.
ok I admit passion alone will end up getting us nowhere but the passion itself is as important as skills, intelligence, wit and all that.
so... how do you even identify your passion?
basically, passion is something that you enjoy and it comes naturally to you, like one day, you accidentally come across an article about something or you see someone doing something that makes you go all 🌟✨🌠🔥🌟✨ inside and you thought, 'damn I'm really digging this.' to put it in words, it energizes you and lights you up. and when you finally found that thing you're passionate about, you just can't get enough of it. sometimes you daydream about it or you just stay up all night just thinking about it. these are all based on my experiences lol
I always emphasize to my friends and acquaintances or even strangers to always, always find their passion.
I personally think passion is super duper important in order to make the best out of everything we do. even something as small as eating too! you need to have that passion to fully indulge the food and taste it, ya know? lol
I also try to put passion in my bonds. my family, friends, relationships and such. I'm rather picky about who I choose to stay acquainted and communicate with so I always always try to cherish the people that come into my life. that alone needs passion too. to fully appreciate something you have to be fairly enthusiastic about the bond and what makes you guys close. the deep conversations, the similar minds and line of thought you share, the compatibility, the interests you guys share... and anything similar. that can also make you feel passionate about trying to maintain that bond for a long long time.
most of us have passion towards our interests too such as movies, k-dramas, anime, games, football... you know it, my friend. for instance, you are fully immersed in that k-drama/anime/movie, the emotional scenes will affect your feelings and whatever lessons it portrayed in it will be shot to your heart and you will forever cherish it. we recognize the characters in the game and relate them with us and we understand what the character feels. and also, there's a football player we love so much, we want to be like them. that's passion too.
and the most common one is passion towards our dreams, jobs, goals. a lot of people are unhappy with their jobs because they're not passionate about it. it's not something that they enjoy doing. they feel like they are forced to do it. so it's really important to pick jobs that we're passionate about, ya know.
but what if there's no other choice and we have to stick with what we're doing? how do we grow that passion towards what we're already doing?
ask yourself. what is your purpose in doing this? who are you? what are you doing? what do you actually want? how can you help others and how will you serve? just like what I said just now, it's super important to grow the passion towards every little thing you do so you get the full success. and what I mean by success here is not money and all that. I mean, not gonna lieeeee, gaining money to sustain your life and such is a very reasonable goal and superrr important but what I mean by success here is you feel content in what you're doing. ya kno.
OH YA.
one thing that I wanna touch is how important it is to have positive influence and people who bring out the best from youuuuuuuuuuu.
I am sure everyone has at least 1 person that positively influence in what they're doing and motivates them to do the best. a.k.a people who support you in what you're doing. this is super important in order to maintain the passion and to not let the shadows and demons inside of us eat our passions out from us (wow husna)
I admit. writing is my passion and also my therapy. sometimes I'm tired of it. sometimes I have no ideas. sometimes I have no inspiration. but because of positive words and encouragements from my family and people I know, I'm able to keep writing and think that it's okay to not have ideas once in a while as long as I don't let the passion die because it's something that I enjoy doing and I have a goal to achieve through my writing. I want to bring hearts together and I want people to enjoy my writing.
and I just learnt that as well. and it is so powerful.
that's why, I'm sad to see that some people's passions have turned into something that they feel like they are forced to do. probably because of the pressure, stress-- I don't know. but I hope, whoever is feeling like this, will be able to overcome those feelings and let your passion spark again. mingle with positive people, people you love, people you enjoy their company, open up your hearts to accept their motivations, their reassurance, their support. plant it deep deep into your heart. don't forget to ask yourself the questions I mentioned just now.
and to the people who are still holding their passions close to their hearts, keep up the good work, my friend. I am so so proud of you and you are doing an amazing job :) keep letting yourself feel those overflowing emotions!!! emotions are what makes us human!!! it's okay to feel so much rather than feel nothing at all, tbh.
you do you, boo.
until then 💖 take care of yourself.

0 comments