the art of cherishing

February 18, 2018

helloooo and Assalamualaikum 😊



it's been a while since my last post hehe
I've been busy with college stuff and all so I didn't really have time to think about blogging.

there is a topic that I've been thinking about and been meaning to bring to light lately: appreciation.

yes, we're all craving for someone to appreciate us and acknowledge what we do or did for them. but have we ever take time and stop to think about what we have done for them to show our appreciation to them?

so why not instead of sitting around waiting for someone to give you a pedestal, why not at least try to cherish people around you?

how? it can be done in many forms.
a) show simple but meaningful gestures.
-- you have no idea how a simple 'thank you' can mean so much to someone. buy gifts. let them know you miss them or that you thought about them. share songs with them or show a funny video with them. I am sure they will feel valued knowing how much they are worth in your life.

b) take the time to know about them
-- find about their hobbies, interests, dreams, hopes, their views on life and share intellectual conversations with each other. if you trust each other, you can tell about your problems and they will tell you about theirs, and you can give advices to each other. let them know that you are always there for them and I am sure that they will appreciate it :)

there are more you can do and you can experiment it with people around you too :D it's pretty common & easy to do, insyaAllah ✨

second of all, besides from appreciating people, how about the small things in your life?

what if you slow down for a while and cherish whatever is around you?

I actually have one (1) regret.... (jk)
so I used to live in the uk and I remember being aware that whenever we drive at a highway, the view there is breathtaking, very different from malaysia. and I wasn't really blown away about it at that time because I never thought that I would miss that view now and I regret sooo much for not cherishing it properly.

so now that I've grown up, and learnt a lot of things, I'm trying to always take time to cherish anything;
maybe the flowers that are starting to grow on trees in college,
some little free time that I have before I have classes tomorrow,
the group assignment that my friends helped out with that I couldn't help finish because of a few reasons,
a day out with someone you talk to online but never met irl,
car rides full of laughter with my family...

and lots more. there are just so so much to cherish and putting aside our chaotic, busy lives for a while, learn to sit back and relax and just.... find something to be grateful of, you know? you will find that it makes you feel good and you can just grow some positive vibes from it too 🍃



and last of all,
never forget to appreciate yourself.

you are probably juggling many different work at a time, and you're probably tired of trying to show genuine warmth to others and are eager to feel appreciated yourself? of course, everyone does. you do know that you can do this yourself, right?

okay so I know how lots of people criticize themselves right? (I do too lol) like, you're always blaming yourself and stuff.

think about it. would you treat your best friend like that? no right? you will always trying to show them love and appreciate them right? so why not practice this for yourself too? go easy on yourself, darling.

one other way you can appreciate yourself is to reward yourself.
it doesn't have to be something extravagant pun lewls just something little that makes you happy is already fine like your favourite flavoured ice cream or having a movie night after you've finished your work hehehe reward yourself from time to time. you deserve ittttt :D

and last of all, drop whatever conditions that you put for yourself in order to love yourself more. stop thinking 'I'll love myself more if I am...' blablabla nonsenseeeeeeee. embraceeeee thyselffff huntyyyyyyy. (I am actually v sleepy right now please bear with my weirdness)

so to sum up, this is what I've been thinking about lately. there are probably a lot more I want to say but I can't just put it into words hehe husna y u like dis

okay that's all from meeeeee. thank you for reading all the way to the bottom, I love youuu 💖💖
till next time folks!


You Might Also Like

0 comments