with my whole heart;
February 25, 2018Assalamualaikum and hello 🍀
how is everyone? I pray whoever is reading this is in a good state, mentally, physically & spiritually, amiiiin 😊
so whoever followed me on instagram will know that I did a poll in my ig story regarding a topic that I am going to touch in this post.
from the results so far, of course, most people voted for 'accept wholeheartedly,' even I think I am able to accept it wholeheartedly. but is that really the case?
first, I'm going to touch on appreciating someone's effort in trying to make us cheer up when we're down.
okay, let me give a situation so you guys can get the picture.
situation 1;
so we feel down in the dumps lately, we feel like we are depressed, things aren't going well with so many work piled up and all, so we let it out to our closest friend about it, hoping to get some encouragement from them. and at the same time, we tweeted or made a status about it.
so our friend gave us some encouragements, which made us feel a whole lot better-- of course, it's because it's from our own closest friend that we were able to accept it. we thank them with our whole heart.
but then, someone replied to your tweet. yikes. it's someone you're not very fond of, but they're giving us words of encouragement. you replied and said thanks to them. but at the very bottom of our hearts, were we able to accept it wholeheartedly? did it make us feel better?
you see, in this case, I understand receiving such words from people that matters will do wonders in cheering us up. but what if a random stranger or someone we despise gave such words? it may not be as effective but how often do we appreciate these little kind gestures they took seconds, heck, minutes to do just for us to cheer up?
just by knowing that, I think that alone will be able to cheer us up, in whatever situation we are in. learn to accept it and cherish it. sure, we don't know their true intentions, they might be honest in trying to cheer us up or not, but knowing that somebody actually reaches out for us all of a sudden in our dark times is reassuring enough. so how about we put away whatever personal problems we have and appreciate it?
(( I'm sorry but little things like this matters so much to me and I think too much about it, therefore please acknowledge it ))
and one more thing that got me thinking,
why is it so hard for us to accept an advice or a 'teguran?'
sure, it's not what we want to hear.
sure, to us it's probably harsh, heck, we are triggered by it.
but can we just not look at the negative side of it?
take the advice and reflect on it.
sure, it's probably easy to take it from our own friend or family. but is it easy to get such advice from a prefect? someone younger than us? or older?
and the worse thing we can do is lash back and attack them, and point out their negativities.
can we just tone down our ego for a sec? in what way are we sooo superior than them?
(( sorry I seem emo at the moment 😂 ))
so in the end, it's us, ourselves that needs to do some reflecting. yes, we're only human. but being human doesn't mean it serves as a green light for us to be bitter and salty about everything.
okay, self note as well, husna ☝
so since you guys are aware of this, let us all changeeeee for the better 😊
insyaAllah we can do it!

0 comments